~Dreamcatchers 2011 BLUE RIBBON Awareness Campaign~
Child abuse is one of the greatest tragedies of our times. It doesn’t have to be. We can prevent it by building communities that are committed to families and to the support and services they need to raise strong, healthy and successful children. That begins with awareness. Join us in making a difference! April is Child Abuse Prevention Month. You can help families and children in our community by taking action to prevent child abuse.
Here are some fun, unique activities and ideas:
* Blue Ribbons—Wear a blue ribbon everyday during the month of April.
* Blue Ribbon Campaign–Ask everyone in your community to tie a blue ribbon around their vehicle antenna.
* Blue Sunday—Churches of all faiths are asked to offer a prayer for the children to their congregations.
* Blue Ribbon 5K Races/Family Fun Walks—Organize & rally your community to walk for the children.
* Children’s Art Contest—Ask your children’s school to help brings awareness by having an art contest.
* Build a Blue Ribbon Tree—Decorate trees in your community with blue ribbons to spread awareness.
* Pancakes for Prevention—Organize a pancake breakfast in your community; consider charging per person and donating a percentage to a child abuse organization.
* Pinwheels for Prevention—Purchase pinwheels and display them throughout your neighborhood as a reminder to prevent child abuse.
* Organize a Candlelight Vigil—To raise awareness and prevention of child abuse and neglect.
* Distribute Child Abuse Awareness Materials & Information
* Host Storybook Night at Your Local Library–Partner with your local library and volunteer to read to children about stranger danger, bullying or child abuse issues.
* Blue Balloon Release—Release a balloon in remembrance for all abused children.
* Blue Eggs & Ham—The children in your community will enjoy this one!
REMEMBER: Education & Awareness is the “key” to Prevention!!!