Dreamcatchers For Abused Children
20
August , 2026
Thursday


Dreamcatchers For Abused Children Store

Archive for the ‘Abuse Headlines’ Category

Former Priest Pleads Guilty to Molestation

Posted by Sandra On March - 23 - 2012 ADD COMMENTS

Denis Lyons

COSTA MESA — A former priest has pleaded guilty to charges of molesting a 7- to 9-year-old boy at a Costa Mesa church nearly 18 years ago. Denis Lyons, 78, of Seal Beach, admitted to four felony counts of lewd conduct with a child younger than 14 in a plea agreement with prosecutors.  READ MORE HERE

8-YO Boy Assaulted by Man

Posted by Sandra On March - 23 - 2012 ADD COMMENTS

MAN FOLLOWED HIM INTO A BUSH & ATTACKED HIM

An eight-year-old boy was indecently assaulted by a dog walker while he played on his own in Peterborough. Police said the victim was playing on a field behind Dogsthorpe Community Centre when a man spoke to him and followed him into a bush. The man, described as in his 30s with short black hair, assaulted the boy and walked off towards Belvoir Way. The boy ran home and told his mother.  READ MORE HERE

Australian Law Enforcement Break Up Child Porn Ring

Posted by Sandra On March - 23 - 2012 ADD COMMENTS

Australian police say they have broken up a child pornography network with the arrest of at least 13 men nationwide. Officers seized computer hardware containing hundreds of thousands of child exploitation images and videos, police said. The network originated in Germany. The crackdown in Australia came after a tip from Interpol. The men are alleged to have accessed and downloaded the images over a file-sharing network.  READ MORE HERE

Mom Left 16-MO Baby Home ALONE for 5-Days/Nights

Posted by Sandra On March - 23 - 2012 ADD COMMENTS

Baby was found starving and wearing a nappy which had not been changed for days

  • She came home periodically to feed infant Cheerios
  • Mother told she could be jailed after pleading guilty to numerous charges

A mother is facing jail after leaving her baby home alone which she partied for five days and nights. Neighbours of the 20-year-old woman heard the baby girl’s screams and alerted police officers who broke into her filthy house. They found the 16-month-old starving in her cot, her nappy and clothes had not been changed for days and there was blood on a blanket.  READ MORE HERE

“Girl In The Burning Suitcase” Murder Solved 18-Years Later; Parents Arrested

Posted by Sandra On March - 22 - 2012 ADD COMMENTS
Cold case: Melonie Biddersingh, 17, pictured in her native Jamaica, has been identified as the body found in a suitcase in Ontario in 1994
Victim’s body found curled in fetal position with finger, hand and footprints burned off
  • Body had 21 broken bones from up to six months prior to death
  • Teenage girl had been brought to Canada for ‘a better life’
  • Investigation into 15-year-old brother’s suicide also reopened

An 18-year-old cold case may have been solved after police brought first-degree murder charges over the death of Melonie Biddersingh, whose remains were found in a burning suitcase in 1994. Melonie, 17, was only identified this morning after police arrested her biological father Evertone Biddersingh, 56, and stepmother Elaine Biddersingh, 50, on March 5 in Welland, Ontario.  On September 1, 1994, police on patrol discovered a body in a burning suitcase left in an industrial area north of Toronto. The victim’s body was curled in the fetal position and her fingerprints, hand-prints and footprints were burned off.  READ MORE HERE

6-YO Boy Returned to Parents; Beaten and Starved to Death

Posted by Sandra On March - 22 - 2012 ADD COMMENTS
Victim: Six-year-old Khalil Wimes was beaten and starved to death by his parents after being returned to their care

Boy, 6, beaten and starved to death by parents after court ruling put him back in their care

The parents of a boy who was beaten and starved to death after being placed back into their care have been charged with his murder. Six-year-old Khalil Wimes died weighing just 28 pounds – the average weight of a two-year-old – and doctors found scars, bruises and cuts all over his frail body.  Police have arrested and charged Tina Wimes, 44, and Floyd Wimes, 48, from South Philadelphia, with his murder. READ MORE HERE

24 Child Victims Were Groomed, Trafficked, Drugged and Repeatedly Raped for 6-Years

Posted by Sandra On March - 22 - 2012 ADD COMMENTS

Last-minute preparations: Officers huddle round as they receive final instructions. Police believe the suspects carried out the alleged abuse for six years as the youngsters were sold for sex and even given drugs so they could be raped

Police swoop on pedophile gang accused of modern-day slavery of girls in care aged 11 ‘bought and sold’ for sex
  • More than 100 officers swoop on homes across Oxford yesterday
  • Alleged victims as young as 11, many of whom brought up in care
  • ‘Groomed and given drugs so they could be raped by tormentors’
  • Police: ‘Arrests intended to protect girls from further harm’

Dozens of vulnerable girls were bought and sold for sex by paedophiles running a modern-day slavery ring, police revealed yesterday. Many of the 24 victims – some as young as 11 – were groomed, drugged and routinely raped over six years. Council chiefs last night faced calls to set up an inquiry after it emerged that all the girls involved were known to social services or had been in their care.  READ MORE HERE

BREAKING NEWS: Christopher Collings Found Guilty of 1st Degree Murder of Rowan Ford

Posted by Sandra On March - 22 - 2012 ADD COMMENTS
Christopher Leroy Collings has been found guilty of first-degree murder for the November 2007 death on nine year-old Rowan Ford. It took jurors about four hours to decide that the state proved that Collings kidnapped Ford from her bedroom in Stella and took her to his trailer near Wheaton where he raped and strangled the fourth grader with cord from a spool that he had in the back of his truck before dumping her body in a cave in McDonald County.  READ MORE HERE

Teen Pleads Not Guilty to Murdering 6-YO in “Devil Murder”

Posted by Sandra On March - 22 - 2012 ADD COMMENTS

LAS VEGAS, NV — A teenage has pleaded not guilty to two murder charges stemming from the deaths of his 6-year old cousin and later his cellmate. Carl Guilford is accused of suffocating his 6-year-old cousin and, after his arrest, beating and stabbing to death his cellmate. Guilford was arrested May 26 after being accused of suffocating his cousin with a comforter and was booked into the Clark County Detention Center.  READ MORE HERE

Man Gets 50-Year Sentence for Beating His 10-MO Infant To Death

Posted by Sandra On March - 22 - 2012 ADD COMMENTS

20-year-old Jose Deras

SOUTH GATE — A 21-year old man has been sentenced to 50 years to life in state prison for the beating death of his 10-month-old daughter. Jose Deras was convicted February 7 of second degree murder for the Jan. 2011 killing. The Salvadoran native also was convicted of sexually assaulting his wife.  READ MORE HERE

Neighborhood Watchman Kills Unarmed Teen

Posted by Sandra On March - 22 - 2012 ADD COMMENTS

The Trayvon Martin Tragedy

Just moments before Trayvon Martin was shot and killed, he was on his cellphone talking with a 16-year-old girl. For the first time, the girl is speaking out about the last, horrifying moments of Martin’s life. “He said this man was watching him, so he put his hoodie on. He said he lost the man,” the girl told ABC News. “I asked Trayvon to run, and he said he was going to walk fast. I told him to run but he said he was not going to run.”  READ MORE HERE

 

 

Woman Had Three of Her Father’s Children; Children Found Abused and Neglected

Posted by Sandra On March - 22 - 2012 ADD COMMENTS

tamara ruth whitt edgar dale whitt incest family sex child abuse straitjacket run away from home

State troopers discovered a young boy on a Texas interstate early Sunday morning, and soon uncovered the reprehensible conditions from which he’d escaped. After picking up the 7-year-old, who was riding his bike down Highway 87 at 1:30am, the police returned to his home to discover two younger siblings– ages 5 and 2– living in deplorable filth with their grandfather, Edgar Whitt, who– it was soon discovered– fathered the three children with his 26-year old daughter, Tamara Whitt.  READ MORE HERE

80,000 Child Sex Images Found

Posted by Sandra On March - 20 - 2012 ADD COMMENTS

Man jailed for 80,000 child sex images

A man has been sentenced to more than two years jail for distributing thousands of child sex images. More than 80,000 images and 1200 movies depicting the sexual exploitation of children were found on Aaron Potter’s computer. The 26-year-old was sentenced to 25 months jail in the North Shore District Court yesterday after earlier pleading guilty to 40 charges of possessing objectionable material. Child protection agency Ecpat Child Alert director Alan Bell said Potter was “determined to offend”.  READ MORE HERE

 

U.S. Supreme Court Hearing on Juvenile Sentences of Life Without Parole

Posted by Sandra On March - 20 - 2012 ADD COMMENTS

Supreme Court Affirmitive Action.JPG

Michigan’s Reaction to Hearing

Michigan’s mandatory sentencing laws were part of the central debate today as the U.S. Supreme Court struggled over how to handle the nation’s juvenile lifers. Near the end of the first hour of questions , Justice Samuel Alito – seemingly skeptical that state reforms inadvertently led to such sentences – questioned the lawyer representing two inmates serving non-parolable life sentences for crimes at 14 .  READ MORE HERE

?>

Recent Comments

DREAMCATCHERS FOR ABUSED CHILDREN, INC. is an official non-profit 501(c)3 child abuse & neglect organization. Our mission is to educate the public on all aspects of child abuse such as symptoms, intervention, prevention, statistics, reporting, and helping victims locate the proper resources necessary to achieve a full recovery. We also cover areas such as bullying, teen suicide & prevention, children\'s rights, child trafficking, missing & exploited children, online safety, and pedophiles/sex offenders.

Recent Comments

Horror Stories Of Child Abuse

On Dec-12-2010
Reported by Sandra

Mom Accused of Manslaughter

On Sep-7-2011
Reported by Sandra

Mother Suffocated Newborn Baby

On Apr-3-2016
Reported by Sandra

Recent Posts

Copy Protected by Chetan's WP-Copyprotect.