Evenflo has recalled select 2011-2014 car seats and booster seats due to bad buckles. The company says these models use a harness crotch buckle, which can become lodge in place over time making it difficult to get the child out of the seat. Evenflo says it has received no injury reports in connection with the use of the buckle on the seats being recalled.
Affected seats are as follows:
- Momentum 65, Momentum 65 LX and Momentum 65 DLX with model number prefix 385; manufactured March 4, 2013 – Aug. 26, 2013
- Chase, Chase LX and Chase Select with model number prefix 306; manufactured June 12, 2012 – Oct. 3, 2013
- Chase LX and Chase DLX with model number prefix 329; manufactured Aug. 23, 2011 – March 3, 2014
- Maestro and Maestro Performance with model number prefix 310; manufactured Aug. 22, 2011 – Oct. 17, 2013
- Symphony 65, Symphony 65 E3, Symphony LX, Symphony DLX and Snugli All-in-One with model number prefix 345 or 346; manufactured Oct. 2, 2012 – Aug. 26, 2013
- Titan 65 and SureRide DLX with model number prefix 371; manufactured June 20, 2012 – Oct. 17, 2013
- Secure Kid LX, Secure Kid DLX, Secure Kid 100, Secure Kid 300, Secure Kid 400 and Snugli Booster with model number prefix 308; manufactured Dec. 13, 2011 – March 3, 2014
By the time you finish reading this, 15 children will have been abused; In the next five minutes, 30 more; Within the next hour, 360 more; And by tonight, close to 8,000+ children will have suffered from abuse, 5 of which will die. Child abuse has increased 134% since 1980 and is now considered a worldwide epidemic. The high jump in child abuse deaths and the shocking increase in statistics highlights the frightening lack of public knowledge.
Educate Yourself -- Learn the Facts
It May Just Save a Child's Life!!